I'm looking for a good open source Gantt chart library for Java Swing. I tried JFreeChart but it is not able to draw subtask. I tried with SwiftGantt too. It is able to draw subtask, but it is a little unstable and the look and feel is not professional :(.
Can you recomends others?
Thanks in advance!
I want to buy a laptop for Java development. Of course the question would be simple if I were doing just plain Java development. But I want to try new technologies often used with Java - Kubernetes, Docker etc. That's why I'm asking it here.
These technologies (K8s, Docker) use virtualization. I know that you need to set something in BIOS/UEFI to run Docker. Some years ago I had to buy a new CPU to run 64-bit virtual machines, because my previous CPU was not supporting 64-bit guest virtual machines. The feature in question was called VT-x.
Of course the sure thing would be to buy a Mac, but I want a 500-600 EUR laptop.
So the question is:
1) Do I need to search for some show-stopper CPU features when choosing a computer?
2) Anything that does not work on AMD chips?
3) Is 8GB RAM sufficient for small/medium sized personal projects?
4) Any other pitfalls?
5) Is Windows 10 Home somehow unusable for professional software development?
I will answer your questions on by one.
1. If you go for a medium-range Intel i5 or i7 CPU, you are getting a quite versatile CPU which will satisfy all your needs. If your workload includes hardcore video editing and image processing, then you will be better off with the AMD. Otherwise, nothing beats Intel.
2. For CPU chips, in terms of processing, AMD lags behind Intel in every aspect except for video editing. While AMD GPUs are better for graphic creation, you need NVIDIA GPUs to run CUDA.
3. Judging by the workloads that even web browsers are putting on RAMs nowadays, you should go for 16 GB RAM minimum.
4. While the MacBook is the first choice for many, you will enjoy the playfulness of a Windows laptop.
5. Installing frameworks can be tedious on Windows but nothing worth complaining once you get used to it. One huge benefit of a Windows machine is that you can create a Dual boot with Linux or install Linux in a Virtual Machine software. Then you can use both and choose your favorite.
We have been given a project for my ComSci class and I've done what i think is half, but got feedback today and it was devastating. I dont know what to do. The final hand in is on the 1st of June. Is there anyone willing to maybe help me write the code? The most complex coding knowledge needed is 2D arrays. I would really appreciate it
Sorry, this site does not provide code to order. For a start it does not help you to hand in work written by someone else. If you cannot understand your assignment then you need to go over your study and course notes a few more times. There is also lots of useful information and sample code at The Java™ Tutorials[^]
Hi, first time posting so hopefully doing it correctly. I have used a form builder to build my forms but have run into a couple of issues with functionality. In the code/calculation below I need to be able to return the answer 0 if the answer is less than 0. I've searched loads to no avail so any help would be much appreciated. T.I.A.
What language is that, it does not look much like Java? However assuming it is supposed to convert that string into an actual sum it does not look valid. In the expression Nett_Earnings -Actual_Takings >0==0, what is >0==0 supposed to mean?
Thanks for answering, I just assumed it was Java as all the scripts are. >0==0 is just one of the ways I was trying to make it work from their info before they told me the form couldn't do the calculation.
Thanks for answering. The programme is called simfatic form maker.
This was their reply to my query
"Simfatic Forms calculation field can't handle multiple levels of variables. In this case, the user enters a variable that intern is a variable in the next step.
This form has to be hand coded with the help of a developer"
hi guys, I was wondering if someone could help me write a search function that looks for a string in a hashtable. iv been struggling with this part of my assignment. iv done all the inserts parts and hash function itself.
thank you for replying. So the hash table implementation stores simple String data items, so we can only track if an item is in the data structure or not. The find function, determines if the string is in the data the hash table or not. The program loads the test dataset into the data structure, then performs find operations on all the test data items, followed by find operations on a disjoint set of unseen data items.
Iv been able to code the hash component, its just the search part that I'm not too sure of.
this is my hash function
publicint hash ( String s )
int sum = 0;
for(int=0, i<s.length(); i++)
return sum %size;
// return True if the hash table contains string s// return False if the hash table does not contain string s
my find function would resembles something along these lines.
boolean find ( String s )
boolean found = false;
int value = hashFunction(s, size);
modified 17-May-20 5:15am.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 29-Nov-23 9:42