|I do desktop app development - my daily workflow revolves around:
- Visual Studio Code - editor & I use the integrated terminal to get stuff done. I prefer to Visual Studio - it's a personal preference thing.
- WSL with an Ubuntu 18.04 distro - I use Linux for a) bash (don't like CMD & Powershell so much), b) building and testing and debugging on Linux
- Visual Studio C++ tools - I needs MSVC
- g++ - primary Linux build toolchain
- clang - provides C/C++ formatting (clang-format) and static analysis (clang-tidy & clang static analyser)
- CMake - build generator
- Ninja - build tool
- gdb - Linux debug through VSCode
- git, GitKraken - command-line git mostly, but I like GitKraken for preparing commits when I've been bad & done multiple commits worth of work without actually committing...
- fd, rg and various other Linux tools -
fd is a
rg is a
grep replacement. They work so much faster than
grep and ignore files in your
.gitignore - perfect for codebase searches.
- 1Password - my favourite password manager
- Pandoc, LaTeX - I prepare my documentation in Markdown & publish to HTML & PDF with Pandoc & LaTeX. It all uses pre-prepared workflows & is fully automated - Markdown in, nice looking HTML and PDF out!
Java, Basic, who cares - it's all a bunch of tree-hugging hippy cr*p