|I am currently working on a new ebook, that specifically is a book written for institute courses, such as, "Advanced Computer Programming" etc. I am focusing on .NET Core approach on Linux environments as the default subject matter for this text. Due to a great interest by many indie developers and students I am posting a few of the topics that you can expect to be covered in the text as well as I am requesting you to post any questions that you hold in mind, any topics or computer-related subjects that you might want me to add as a bonus in the book*.
This is my idea at the moment and I am working on these topics to compile them into a single standalone book that can be used. I have divided the content of this book, based on the expertise level, into sections. Instructors can use these sections to train their students based on their expertise level. This will also help me focus on the example complexity in each of the sections. I have dedicated a GitHub repository (GitHub - afzaal-ahmad-zeeshan/considering-dotnet-core-on-linux[^]) to this book and the source code samples that I will write for this book, and I will be pushing changes to this repository for readers to use. At the moment however, the repository is useless but I will be in need to help once book goes live. Remember, it will be a free book and I will be in a great need of support from communities to publish and promote the book on their social networks, share it in the college or institute!
- Introduction to .NET Core and other background related content. Specifies how programming was done previously, and how .NET Core (or .NET) changed it — Hint: managed programming.
- Installation of framework and basics about programming. — requirement is basic understanding of C# language, so a language overview was skipped to teach the framework itself.
- File and data handling — LINQ usage and other examples
- Error management
- Databases — data management required stuff related to files only, not database.
- Networking in .NET Core — will contain TCP Server example that I use.
- ASP.NET Core programming — Vincent is working on a guide for ASP.NET Core, so I won't take his stuff and I will be giving an overview only, but overview will be brief.
- Crypto helpers and encryption/decryption. — contains a sample to program the sha256sum sample.
- Other .NET framework related stuff
- Async/Await programming
- Reflection in .NET
- Open Sourcing projects &mdash the why and where
- Deploying projects
- Building binaries for multiple platforms
Afzaal Ahmad Zeeshan.
* For those who would suggest me content for my book, I will give you a credit by mentioning your name in the book. If you want, I can keep your name private too.
The sh*t I complain about
It's like there ain't a cloud in the sky and it's raining out - Eminem
~! Firewall !~