and guess what ... i've tested my application on another pc with another USB device, and it worked, it seems that the problem is in the dongle bluetooth device, but another problem came up ... when I click find devices, it shows nothing ..
Hope you all are doing great! We were having clumsy sort of issue! details are as follows:
- We have c# windows application, which processes the data(simple text file, huge in size aprox. 40Gb).
- Doing so, it doesnot show any sort of items on the form, it looks as if its hanged/not responding
- Application consists of 1 form, which contains few performance indicators, few labels, few progress bars.
- But in reality it is working and processing the data(checked from the task manager, and also the output file is generated very accuratly).
- From start till end application utilizes 100% of the cpu.
- If we try to run any other program even notepad, system hangs n we have to restart it!
We are using Windows Server 2003, any sort of help, idea, suggestion, question will definitly be appreciated! !
Create a BackgroundThread for processing the file. If you are storing the data read from the file in memory, make sure it does not consume too much ( Check the return value of FileStream.Read which returns the number of bytes read and add them to a "long totalBytesRead = 0;" variable each time as "totalBytesRead += bytesRead" and check:
if(totalBytesRead <= (1024*1024*50)) // more than 50 MB
CleanMemory(); // reset the read buffer forexample
if (xtr.NodeType == XmlNodeType.Element)
the <Days>21,"21"</Days> was just test data, I was trying to use the <Days>20</Days> but that gave me just the blank drop down box, so i was wondering if it just took my numbers and made them the index of the combobox so I put a few different data formats in the XML file to see if that made any difference
I have used a switch statement to check for XmlNodeType.Element and gives same results, if I change .equals("days") to an name that is not in the file I just get one blank drop down, currently it looks like it see that there are the right number of records but no data in the drop down
I know that you are not trying to save back the user modified values to the XML file. What I suggest using Convert is to give you the ability to store the datatype of the object(what ever you create) as a string value and then convert it to what you want. You may also write a custom type converter or implement iSerializable interface or add XmlAttributes to your fields for which you want to serialize.
I've been trying to a simple Comm program to work using the
ReadExisting method of the .Net 2.0 SerialPort class.
The data is being transmitted to me from a PIC micro dev board.
The data received event fires when ReceivedBytesThreshold is
reached as it should, but I only get back one character when there are
4 in the buffer. I verified this by retrieving the BytesToRead
property and it is set to 4.
If I add additional ReadExisting method calls afterwards I will get
one and only one char back for each read.
I also tried the Read method but same result as ReadExisting.
Lastly I ran Hyperterm and another terminal program
and they both receive the entire 4 chars with no problems.
The databits, baudrate, and handshaking are all set the same
for my code as well as the terminal programs. I have also
tried setting the DtrEnable and RtsEnable to true but with
sorry for the long post but i tried to be as brief as possible