Click here to Skip to main content
15,920,633 members
Home / Discussions / .NET (Core and Framework)
   

.NET (Core and Framework)

 
AnswerRe: vb,net buttons Pin
Thulasee Shan19-Dec-08 0:54
Thulasee Shan19-Dec-08 0:54 
QuestionVB6.0 to VB.NET Pin
sntkn18-Dec-08 20:11
sntkn18-Dec-08 20:11 
AnswerRe: VB6.0 to VB.NET Pin
Oshtri Deka18-Dec-08 21:13
professionalOshtri Deka18-Dec-08 21:13 
AnswerRe: VB6.0 to VB.NET Pin
Dragonfly_Lee24-Dec-08 19:01
Dragonfly_Lee24-Dec-08 19:01 
NewsFree Help from Microsoft for Your Windows Client Applications Pin
brucedkyle18-Dec-08 19:03
brucedkyle18-Dec-08 19:03 
QuestionThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
Helfdane18-Dec-08 3:14
Helfdane18-Dec-08 3:14 
AnswerRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
led mike18-Dec-08 7:05
led mike18-Dec-08 7:05 
GeneralRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
Helfdane18-Dec-08 21:53
Helfdane18-Dec-08 21:53 
Thank you and Dave for your replies.

Distributed computing is not an option, since it's an application that is installed at the customer and has to run standalone (it's a critical application where most clients prefer to hook it off the network).

About the threads, I was only following the MSDN documentation where they mention that 25 threads per core is the max ideal number where the overhead would still be smaller than the improvement per thread.

I forgot to mention, each calculation *might* need some additional information from the DB, hence the threading.

My problem is not the load or the number of threads, they are parameters on an existing infrastructure. My question is, why the threads are not working (are they on hold/in wait?) while queuing the jobs (is this infrastructure the right one?). Since you and Dave Kreskowiak propose less threads which I can agree on, the queuing will still be there, thus my problem still exists as the queuing still takes time while the threads do nothing (cpu load during queuing is not above 40%, so the other 60% should be used to do the first calculations but it doesn't use the 60% unless queuing is completed).

The consumer isn't a moron; she is your wife.

GeneralRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
led mike19-Dec-08 7:15
led mike19-Dec-08 7:15 
GeneralRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
Helfdane21-Dec-08 23:27
Helfdane21-Dec-08 23:27 
AnswerRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
Dave Kreskowiak18-Dec-08 8:21
mveDave Kreskowiak18-Dec-08 8:21 
GeneralRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
led mike18-Dec-08 8:35
led mike18-Dec-08 8:35 
GeneralRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
Dave Kreskowiak18-Dec-08 9:03
mveDave Kreskowiak18-Dec-08 9:03 
GeneralRe: ThreadPool not executing queued jobs Pin
led mike18-Dec-08 9:05
led mike18-Dec-08 9:05 
QuestionRoaming AND local settings ? Pin
koosquarto17-Dec-08 23:23
koosquarto17-Dec-08 23:23 
Questionwinsock error 10014 Plz help Pin
abhiabstract16-Dec-08 14:22
abhiabstract16-Dec-08 14:22 
AnswerRe: winsock error 10014 Plz help Pin
Dave Kreskowiak16-Dec-08 17:35
mveDave Kreskowiak16-Dec-08 17:35 
AnswerRe: winsock error 10014 Plz help Pin
Paul Conrad17-Dec-08 5:31
professionalPaul Conrad17-Dec-08 5:31 
QuestionCS file invocation at the end of task? Pin
NetQuestions16-Dec-08 6:52
NetQuestions16-Dec-08 6:52 
AnswerRe: CS file invocation at the end of task? Pin
Dave Kreskowiak16-Dec-08 8:58
mveDave Kreskowiak16-Dec-08 8:58 
QuestionFree or opensource versioning tool for Visual Studio 2008 Pin
Azghar Hussain16-Dec-08 3:20
professionalAzghar Hussain16-Dec-08 3:20 
AnswerRe: Free or opensource versioning tool for Visual Studio 2008 Pin
AndrewSmith16-Dec-08 6:10
AndrewSmith16-Dec-08 6:10 
GeneralRe: Free or opensource versioning tool for Visual Studio 2008 Pin
Azghar Hussain16-Dec-08 17:23
professionalAzghar Hussain16-Dec-08 17:23 
GeneralRe: Free or opensource versioning tool for Visual Studio 2008 Pin
Simon P Stevens16-Dec-08 21:39
Simon P Stevens16-Dec-08 21:39 
QuestionAdding button at runtime in MDI Pin
NetQuestions16-Dec-08 2:02
NetQuestions16-Dec-08 2:02 

General General    News News    Suggestion Suggestion    Question Question    Bug Bug    Answer Answer    Joke Joke    Praise Praise    Rant Rant    Admin Admin   

Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.