Click here to Skip to main content
15,937,602 members
Home / Discussions / C / C++ / MFC
   

C / C++ / MFC

 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Erudite_Eric9-Apr-12 21:39
Erudite_Eric9-Apr-12 21:39 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Peter R. Fletcher10-Apr-12 5:19
Peter R. Fletcher10-Apr-12 5:19 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Luiz Monad14-Apr-12 6:35
professionalLuiz Monad14-Apr-12 6:35 
RantRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
enhzflep9-Apr-12 13:14
enhzflep9-Apr-12 13:14 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Erudite_Eric9-Apr-12 21:41
Erudite_Eric9-Apr-12 21:41 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Jasmine250110-Apr-12 9:36
Jasmine250110-Apr-12 9:36 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Chris Maunder10-Apr-12 9:44
cofounderChris Maunder10-Apr-12 9:44 
AnswerRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
jkirkerx9-Apr-12 13:26
professionaljkirkerx9-Apr-12 13:26 
Well on one hand, the group of people here are very helpful, and I consider you all to be the old school guard, the last remaining source of quality help left for this subject.

Getting quality help is so hard now days, because there are very few people left that are willing to spend some time giving back to the community. I know there are thousands of well qualified coders in this country, but I have no clue what they do with their spare time. I'm always searching for programmers here where I live, but I can't really find any.

On the other hand, there are thousands of entry level programmers here where I live, and even more worldwide online jam packing other forums to the point of saturation. About 10% of the decent questions get answered, and the other 90% just sit there and fade away, because the question makes no sense.

I suspect it boils down to economics, in which they sold a program really cheap, and are not able to deliver a working prototype to get paid. So they get hostile and start making extreme demands. I see that spilling over to CJ now on the Web Development forum, and suspect it may get worst.

I know one day in the future, there won't be enough masters left to teach the students, because demand for programs now it at an all time high.
AnswerRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Wes Aday9-Apr-12 13:36
professionalWes Aday9-Apr-12 13:36 
AnswerRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
wmerifield9-Apr-12 20:40
professionalwmerifield9-Apr-12 20:40 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
David Crow10-Apr-12 3:57
David Crow10-Apr-12 3:57 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
CDP180210-Apr-12 4:55
CDP180210-Apr-12 4:55 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
CDP180210-Apr-12 4:52
CDP180210-Apr-12 4:52 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
David Crow10-Apr-12 5:28
David Crow10-Apr-12 5:28 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
jschell10-Apr-12 8:18
jschell10-Apr-12 8:18 
AnswerRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Sander Rossel9-Apr-12 20:40
professionalSander Rossel9-Apr-12 20:40 
AnswerRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Fran Porretto10-Apr-12 0:54
Fran Porretto10-Apr-12 0:54 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
CDP180210-Apr-12 5:06
CDP180210-Apr-12 5:06 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Fran Porretto10-Apr-12 5:22
Fran Porretto10-Apr-12 5:22 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
CDP180210-Apr-12 5:56
CDP180210-Apr-12 5:56 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
Luiz Monad14-Apr-12 6:55
professionalLuiz Monad14-Apr-12 6:55 
AnswerRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
xperroni10-Apr-12 1:14
xperroni10-Apr-12 1:14 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
CDP180210-Apr-12 2:15
CDP180210-Apr-12 2:15 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
xperroni10-Apr-12 2:44
xperroni10-Apr-12 2:44 
GeneralRe: The questions we get these days! Pin
CDP180210-Apr-12 4:38
CDP180210-Apr-12 4:38 

General General    News News    Suggestion Suggestion    Question Question    Bug Bug    Answer Answer    Joke Joke    Praise Praise    Rant Rant    Admin Admin   

Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.