Click here to Skip to main content
15,441,434 members
Home / Discussions / System Admin
   

System Admin

 
AnswerRe: Share folder Access problem Pin
Eddy Vluggen5-May-18 3:53
professionalEddy Vluggen5-May-18 3:53 
QuestionCan't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
charlieg7-Apr-18 7:24
Membercharlieg7-Apr-18 7:24 
AnswerRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
Michael Martin8-Apr-18 19:44
professionalMichael Martin8-Apr-18 19:44 
GeneralRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
charlieg10-Apr-18 1:00
Membercharlieg10-Apr-18 1:00 
AnswerRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
Nathan Minier9-Apr-18 1:33
professionalNathan Minier9-Apr-18 1:33 
GeneralRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
charlieg10-Apr-18 1:30
Membercharlieg10-Apr-18 1:30 
GeneralRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
Nathan Minier10-Apr-18 1:45
professionalNathan Minier10-Apr-18 1:45 
SuggestionRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
Randor 11-Apr-18 10:14
professional Randor 11-Apr-18 10:14 
Hmmm,

I'd begin debugging by doing:

route print


(This is probably your problem)
On both networks and making sure you have a route to the SwServer. You are probably on a different IP address range while connected to the VPN and have a different route or no route at all.

You might be able to add a route to SwServer by doing:
route ADD [network] MASK [mask]  [gateway]


Keep in mind it could also be a firewall rule on the company network so you may want to get the Systems Administrator involved.

Some additional thoughts:
Make sure the NETBIOS name 'SwServer' resolves to an IP by doing:
nslookup SwServer


If SwServer resolves to an IP address... try manually mapping the drive:
net use N: \\SwServer\Development


charlieg wrote:
The odd thing is that I can go a week and things will work flawlessly, then it all comes off the rails....


Many Systems Admins sit in their office and poke buttons and change network security/patch things every day while consuming large amounts of coffee. It's a repeating pattern of fixing 90% of everything and breaking the other 10% of users. Rise and repeat.

Best Wishes,
-David Delaune
AnswerRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
charlieg11-Apr-18 11:30
Membercharlieg11-Apr-18 11:30 
AnswerRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
charlieg19-Apr-18 5:00
Membercharlieg19-Apr-18 5:00 
AnswerRe: Can't access a network drive... driving me batcrap crazy. Pin
charlieg5-May-18 2:21
Membercharlieg5-May-18 2:21 
QuestionChange Permissions, Skip on Error Pin
GenJerDan20-Mar-18 0:06
MemberGenJerDan20-Mar-18 0:06 
AnswerRe: Change Permissions, Skip on Error Pin
Jochen Arndt20-Mar-18 3:20
professionalJochen Arndt20-Mar-18 3:20 
GeneralRe: Change Permissions, Skip on Error Pin
GenJerDan21-Mar-18 0:17
MemberGenJerDan21-Mar-18 0:17 
GeneralRe: Change Permissions, Skip on Error Pin
Jochen Arndt21-Mar-18 0:25
professionalJochen Arndt21-Mar-18 0:25 
QuestionUsing MacMini as host for Internet facing Virtual Box VM's Pin
I Grech9-Mar-18 4:52
MemberI Grech9-Mar-18 4:52 
QuestionPC PROTECTION Pin
Member 1224083012-Feb-18 17:15
MemberMember 1224083012-Feb-18 17:15 
AnswerRe: PC PROTECTION Pin
Richard MacCutchan12-Feb-18 22:05
mveRichard MacCutchan12-Feb-18 22:05 
AnswerRe: PC PROTECTION Pin
Eddy Vluggen13-Feb-18 6:12
professionalEddy Vluggen13-Feb-18 6:12 
QuestionRe: PC PROTECTION Pin
ZurdoDev13-Feb-18 7:07
professionalZurdoDev13-Feb-18 7:07 
QuestionTwice Posts Marked as Spam?? Pin
Ed Earl Ross9-Feb-18 4:12
professionalEd Earl Ross9-Feb-18 4:12 
AnswerRe: Twice Posts Marked as Spam?? Pin
Richard Deeming9-Feb-18 4:26
mveRichard Deeming9-Feb-18 4:26 
GeneralRe: Twice Posts Marked as Spam?? Pin
Ed Earl Ross9-Feb-18 4:42
professionalEd Earl Ross9-Feb-18 4:42 
QuestionRe: Twice Posts Marked as Spam?? Pin
Eddy Vluggen13-Feb-18 5:15
professionalEddy Vluggen13-Feb-18 5:15 
AnswerRe: Twice Posts Marked as Spam?? Pin
Richard Deeming13-Feb-18 5:22
mveRichard Deeming13-Feb-18 5:22 

General General    News News    Suggestion Suggestion    Question Question    Bug Bug    Answer Answer    Joke Joke    Praise Praise    Rant Rant    Admin Admin   

Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.