Which line of code raised the error? The actual problem is usually not to difficult to resolve once you know which reference is the problem. You may wish to edit your question and show the actual contents of the config file. Are you sure all refernces are correctlym spelled?
Is the user actually authenticating to your application? You need to make sure anonymous authentication is turned off, and Kerberos/Windows authentication is turned on.
Depending on your group policy settings, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome should automatically sign the user in to any site which is part of IE's "local intranet" zone. Firefox will need additional configuration in the about:config page:
network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-proxies = True
network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies = True
network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris = comma-separated list of host names which should use integrated authentication
"These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined." - Homer
I just turned off Anonymous Authentication and enabled Windows Authentication and now it works.
The only issue (a minor one) is that unlike running on my local machine where the application automatically authenticates my account and allows me in, the application is asking me to sign in using my Windows account.
Once this is done, I am automatically in and it works now.
When this app runs on our production server, users are not explicitly asked to sign in. Their identities are automatically recognized and they are in without having to sing in.
Oh well, this is our test site. I guess we have to deal with having to sign in all the time.
UPDATE: I set .Net Rules in IIS as well to deny anonymous users and now it is no longer challenging for authentication.
Many thanks. You have never failed me. Thank you sir.
In our web solution we have a WebAPI solution, a WebApplication and a local ADFS server.
ADFS server need be setup with exact URL of web app....
For simplicity sake we decided to use (local) IIS hosting and debugging, as in "<a href="http://localhost/myAPI">http://localhost/myAPI</a>" and "https://localhost/myWebApp"
The problem starts when.. and HTTPS app need a certificate...
So I got to:
IIS Management Studio > Default Web Site > Bindings...
And add the ISS Express Development Certificate.
Unfortunately, it feels like Visual Studio is deleting that setting every second time I press F5 / try to debug. And I continuously have to open IIS Management Console and setup the HTTPS binding again and again and again.
we are integration our application with Azure AD.
After integration application is not working in Chrome and Edge browser, but works in IE.
In Chrome and Edge its navigating to login and after successful login getting redited to Internet Information Services (Windows Server) Page.
During debug, found below line gives Object Reference error in Edge and Chrome browser, whereas giving value in IE.
Actually I am going to make a web application from where I send a whatsapp message using whatsapp.web. So I send a number and message dynamically and bind with that url. It takes me new tab with specific person(number) and message. Now If I pressed enter key then message can go. For that I need to do this.
Though there is a lots of way to integrate whatsapp message using api or else. But all of them are paid.