You could set up a table in your database that contains authorization data (like an GUID that serves as an api key, and even further, api method name(s) that can be used by the key.
You'd have to manually maintain the table unless you took the time to write a tool to assist you.
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
On that page you linked I read both the "With Shell Access" and the "Without Shell Access" sections and I'm thoroughly confused.
I created a .Net ASP.Net Web API and hosted it in IIS on my client's server. I'm not sure which of these two options I need.
The bottom line here is that I'm completely clueless about certifications and how to enable things in my Xamarin Forms app. I don't even know where to start learning. I've been Googling but the results are all over the board.
If it's not broken, fix it until it is.
Everything makes sense in someone's mind.
Ya can't fix stupid.
Trying to create a Bootstap/PHP modal form that will hold a img/video upload, iframe(external videos), and comment section. Tried to have a comment modal separate from media and its not working. How do I create this? Here is my code:
I have almost zero experience creating a Web API, so bear with me.
I opened VS2019 and created a new ASP.NET Web Application (.Net Framework). It comes with the standard Home and Values controllers.
I hit F5 and it ran. I then used Postman to verify passing "https://localhost:44312/api/Values". I get back the expected results. So far so good.
I then right clicked the project and chose "Publish" and published to a folder. I then copied the contents of the folder to the server and created a new Web Site in IIS pointing to my API and set the port to 44400. I clicked the Browse link in IIS and the browser opened. I added "/api/Values" to the end of the URL and got back this: Click: Here's the result.
I changed NOTHING in the app. Here's the Web.Config, which is what the error seems to be complaining about: