Comments by #realJSOP (Top 200 by date)

#realJSOP 22-Jun-22 5:37am View

I was just showing him what he did wrong and why he wasn't getting the result he was expecting. Personally, I abhor dynamic sql, and avoid it at all costs.
#realJSOP 1-Jun-22 8:03am View

I posted the solution as a new answer.
#realJSOP 1-Jun-22 7:41am View

If I modify the code that is string to run to the following, it works, but if sql server isn't running it that way, it's not going to do me any good.

exec sp_executesql N'dbo.UserProfileGet @UserID=@userID', N'@userID NVARCHAR(36)',@userID=N'4a39a408-4411-40a0-b916-7122946d3f65'
#realJSOP 1-Jun-22 7:19am View

I'm not using that - that's what the profiler was showing as the command to be executed

Update - while I don't get the exception any more, it seems that the parameter is being ignore or is unseen by the database, because I put in a fake record and it's not returning anything. FML.

The edited sql that you showed works (that's what "Execute stored procedure" does).

#realJSOP 1-Jun-22 7:00am View

More weirdness - If I make the parameter in the stored proc nullable, it works. I shouldn't have to do that.
#realJSOP 1-Jun-22 6:38am View

Yes. I also tried running the Sql Profiler to see what the database was trying to do, and when I copy the code from the profiler result window into SSMS, it fails with the same error, yet executing the stored proc with "EXEC" still works fine.

BTW, the profiler is trying to do this:

exec sp_executesql N'dbo.UserProfileGet',N'@userID nvarchar(36)',@userID=N'36-character string'
#realJSOP 1-Jun-22 5:05am View

In my question, I noted that I did in fact examine the cmd.parameters object, that it contained the correctly named parameter and it had the expected value, and was the correct SqlDbType. I even examined all the stuff I could think of in an immediate window. Everything seems fine.
#realJSOP 25-May-22 7:00am View

Just weird that I can't even use specific .net framework symbols in a .net framework project. You would expect the appropriate NETnnn symbol to be defined in a .net framework project (based on the target net framework version in the project's properties.

Beyond that, all of the projects I've tried it in were actually created with VS2017, so you'd think I'd be all set in terms of project format, right?
#realJSOP 22-May-22 9:23am View

The csproj file shows <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.7.2</TargetFrameworkVersion>, so it seems to me that NETFRAMEWORK and NET472 should be defined. Right?

This is the first time I've ever noticed a problem here.

Also, it's not just the code I'm working on, but even far older projects from 3 years ago that don't seem to like those symbols.
#realJSOP 31-Mar-22 8:32am View

I updated my answer to fix a couple of small problems and to segregate the reading and writing to make it more debuggable.
#realJSOP 31-Mar-22 6:34am View

Nobody here is going to download a RAR file. Run it in the debugger, and it will stop on the line that's throwing the exception. At that point, you will probably immediately see which variable is the problem.
#realJSOP 4-Mar-22 6:07am View

Yeah, that's probably the case, but like a lot of others had noted, all he said was "it's too slow", without should us his stored proc, discussing indexes, or anything else from the database itself. Since so many people really don't like a complete refactoring of the code they post in a question, I merely reformatted it using better practices to allow a more pleasant debugging experience. I personally don't use SQLDataAdapter.
#realJSOP 28-Feb-22 5:43am View

It's not a bug in VS2019. It's a bug in your code. The problem is that the function you've linked to the button doesn't exist in the DLL. Are you sure that your API reference is correct for the version of the DLL you're using?

I don't know if VS2019 can browse non-dot net assemblies, but have you tried that to see if the desired method exists in the DLL?
#realJSOP 18-Feb-22 6:24am View

The developer is responsible for determining the most appropriate constructor.

There are a number of ways to handle this problem, including inheriting the class and override the properties. Pick the method that makes the most sense and move on with the project.
#realJSOP 7-Feb-22 13:02pm View

Don't use IE. It's no longer supported by MS.
#realJSOP 30-Jan-22 4:19am View

Try triggering on IsFocused.
#realJSOP 24-Jan-22 6:37am View

I know this is going to sound like a radical concept, but you could try actually typing it into your source file. Intellisense should guide you. Try this:

tb.Inlines.Add(New Run("some text") With { .Foreground = Brushes.Blue })

Caveat - I don't do VB, so this is just a guess based on past exposure to the language (10 years ago).
#realJSOP 8-Jan-22 15:42pm View

Hiding/unhiding a control disturbs the user’s experience. You should enable/disable instead. Beyond that, you haven’t said what should trigger the hidden/visible state.
#realJSOP 7-Jan-22 5:55am View

Duplicating the text of your question under "what I tried" is not valid.
#realJSOP 28-Dec-21 6:14am View

Free online code converters can't fix logic errors.

The debugger is your friend.
#realJSOP 27-Dec-21 10:36am View

So use an online tool to convert it to vb.

I googled an online converter, and got this:

Dim remainingItemsCount As Integer = qatItems.Where(Function(x) x.Owner Is Nothing).Count()

You can do it too. Google is free, and so is the online converter.
#realJSOP 23-Dec-21 8:16am View

Just because it's for school doesn't mean you shouldn't use industry best practices. Using a Listview for a single column of data is... well... stupid.
#realJSOP 23-Dec-21 8:15am View

You could

0) When the user logs on to the web app, if a request has expired, force them to either finish it or cancel it before they can create a new one. (this doesn't require any additional crap running or database/CRON jobs). This is probably the way I'd prefer to do it, because it's what I call a "natural" event, as opposed to a "subsidized" event that is trigger by an outside source.

-OR-

1) Create a Windows service on the web server that checks for unfinished requests once per day and handles the email chores.
#realJSOP 19-Dec-21 19:30pm View

The reason it does that is to allow the app to have more screen real estate. You should think long and hard before overriding standard interface characteristics.
#realJSOP 15-Dec-21 6:43am View

Is it a modile app, a Windows desktop app, a web app?
#realJSOP 12-Dec-21 7:42am View

I edited my answer.
#realJSOP 10-Dec-21 5:17am View

I give them about two weeks before they tell you to undo it because it's interrupting their workflow. :)

How about this: After five minutes without having clicked anything, it automatically blacks out the window and prompts the user to re-enter their password.
#realJSOP 7-Dec-21 5:50am View

I think I may have inadvertently made it more useful. His question needs to be clarified as to the nature of the project numbers.

I suppose a literal reading of his question implies that the the new year does not cause a reset of the actual project number back to 1 (based on his sample project numbers), but the fact that he includes (what I assume to be) the year in the project number string indicates that the intent is in fact to do that reset, and that's the basis of my answer. I'm guessing we'll never know, because many of the guys posting questions don't indicate that they've seen answers.
#realJSOP 30-Nov-21 12:17pm View

It's needed if the maxWidth is a negative value, which was one of my edge case tests
#realJSOP 30-Nov-21 12:16pm View

Show-off. :)
#realJSOP 30-Nov-21 5:33am View

I use the ToString() method to return interesting data that helps with debugging (like a Name property), and can be used in WPF for somewhat simpler data binding. It's especially helpful when you're debugging collections.
#realJSOP 29-Nov-21 16:09pm View

Not knowing .Net is going to be your biggest hurdle. When I started in .Net, I was always reinventing the wheel with regards to stuff that was already included in .Net. It's jam packed with a crapload of stuff that makes your dev life easier.
#realJSOP 29-Nov-21 12:10pm View

There's no such thing as multiplying a string. Multiplication is a numeric function. Furthermore, this isn't any harder to do in C# than it is in python. This is a logic problem more than it is a string manipulation problem.
#realJSOP 29-Nov-21 11:46am View

I did it in 11 lines, with only one loop.
#realJSOP 29-Nov-21 11:45am View

That was a fun little distraction. I did it in 11 lines of code (with curly braces on their own line, where they belong, and only one loop).
#realJSOP 29-Nov-21 11:00am View

Might be the chorus of a song...
#realJSOP 28-Nov-21 18:01pm View

Oooooh, I like that. But I think that’s more than he’s been taught. :)
#realJSOP 28-Nov-21 15:22pm View

You actually don’t need any overloads, or any of the the DistributeChocolatesBy… methods. Have you learned about enumerators and default parameters yet?
#realJSOP 28-Nov-21 7:46am View

What framework are you using - wpf, winforms, ASP.Net?
#realJSOP 27-Nov-21 16:28pm View

Try changing Position to Vector2
#realJSOP 27-Nov-21 16:25pm View

Did you read my code comment? I just guessed at the return type. We don’t know what your class looks like or what you’re trying to do.
#realJSOP 27-Nov-21 15:53pm View

Update your question with all of the source code in question.
#realJSOP 27-Nov-21 15:42pm View

He didn't say it was a constructor, and given the name, I assumed it was a method. If his object is indeed called GetRandomPosition, he really needs to seriously reconsider about his naming technique...
#realJSOP 27-Nov-21 15:38pm View

Actually, you *can* call a constructor from a constructor:

public MyClass(int x, int y)
{
    // do something interesting with x
}

public MyClass(int x) : this(x, 0)
{
    // do something less interesting with x
}

It comes in handy when you want to make init code similar regardless of how the object was constructed.

Of course, you're probably already aware of that. :)
#realJSOP 27-Nov-21 10:30am View

This guy ticked me off.
#realJSOP 27-Nov-21 10:29am View

I updated my answer, but it annoys me that you couldn't work it out on your own. I abhor lazy beginners. You damn well better mark my solution as the answer.
#realJSOP 26-Nov-21 4:15am View

He means you don't need await. It's unnecessary.
#realJSOP 25-Nov-21 6:54am View

We can't compensate for a bad instructor and CodeProject is not really an instruction web site. However, there are several articles here that explain the basics.

My advice is to find appropriate articles here, AND find some online programming lessons (youtube?) that explains the basics. Your instructor is failing you if he isn't teaching the basics.

BTW, did you even *open* the book he gave you? What's the title?

If you search this site (I used "C# getting started" in the search box), several articles will come up. I don't know how good or bad they might be, but it's at least a starting point.

You may as well get used to the fact that you're going to have to read A LOT of stuff to learn not only the "how", but the "why" of things that need to be done/considered. If you feel like your instructor isn't doing an adequate job, confront him with your concerns. If he doesn't change his teaching technique, drop the class and find another one. The point is that YOU have to take control of your instruction. If need be, teach yourself. Initiative is the name of the game.
#realJSOP 24-Nov-21 15:45pm View

Where do you think the viewstate gets the parameters? If you only decrypt the query string long enough to use the parameters, all the user will see is the encrypted string in the view state
#realJSOP 24-Nov-21 15:08pm View

That still doesn't invalidate my statement that we don't do people's homework for them.Didn't your instructor teach you about object-oriented programming before he gave you this assignment?
#realJSOP 24-Nov-21 15:07pm View

It's a homework assignment, and is, in fact, a console app. My guess is that he is not tasked with modifying the account class (it was provided by the instructor), but I agree - interface code should not be in the model.
#realJSOP 24-Nov-21 6:09am View

Do you even know what this code is trying to do? I'm going to bet your answer is "no".
#realJSOP 22-Nov-21 6:37am View

Deleted
He didn't say, so that's the answer he gets.
#realJSOP 21-Nov-21 9:22am View

You're using beta software. What did you expect?
#realJSOP 19-Nov-21 5:06am View

It's MVC4, so Microsoft will ignore him.
#realJSOP 11-Nov-21 5:32am View

Are you a programmer?
#realJSOP 9-Nov-21 8:55am View

I have no idea why it wouldn't be found. I just pasted the url for it into my browser, and it came up fine. Personally, I would *never* load a css or javascript file from a remote location, because if that remote location goes away or goes down, so does *my* web site. Beyond that, DNS attacks on cloudflare happen with all too much regularity.
#realJSOP 5-Nov-21 11:02am View

It's the best way to keep people from trying to answer a question that has been solved.
#realJSOP 4-Nov-21 16:30pm View

Are you in the same programming class as "mrnewguy"?
#realJSOP 26-Oct-21 16:04pm View

To be honest, I didn't look that hard. I'm a little twisted over having to do it in the first place. Why can't they just leave it alone?
#realJSOP 26-Oct-21 7:25am View

Thanks, but I didn't see it in there at all - for anything.
#realJSOP 26-Oct-21 6:36am View

Web apps are for wasting developers' time.
#realJSOP 27-Jul-21 5:23am View

I have no idea what you just said.
#realJSOP 12-Jul-21 10:22am View

I suppose so, but you never once mentioned SQL or a database in your question. We can't read your mind.
#realJSOP 10-Jul-21 8:02am View

Does specifically setting it to "bold" work?
#realJSOP 10-Jul-21 7:52am View

Maybe your code is making an assumption about an array size somewhere. I would start with adding Debug.WriteLine statements in the associated code and watch what it does in the output window.
#realJSOP 3-Jun-21 5:11am View

It's too big of a topic to cover in QA. Google "c# XML serialize/deserialize".
#realJSOP 15-May-21 7:37am View

I don't even know what you're trying to do.
#realJSOP 13-May-21 4:00am View

in the ShuffleText method.
#realJSOP 4-May-21 5:05am View

Been there, done that. I figured out what was wrong, but still don't know why it caused problems. I'm going to add a "solution that explains it.
#realJSOP 20-Apr-21 5:20am View

0) Put your camera in the water.

1) Look in the water and see your camera.

2) Say, "I DETECT MY CAMERA IN THE WATER!" (what you say is optional, so consider this to be nothing more than an example. However, if you use this phrase, or any similar phrase, I will need to be compensated for my contributions to your project).
#realJSOP 6-Apr-21 5:44am View

That's like saying a baby born as a male is a boy, and according to the latest information available, we all know that's not true.
#realJSOP 3-Apr-21 9:21am View

It was just an example.
#realJSOP 3-Apr-21 9:21am View

Ahhh, I thought we were talking about was WPF. If it's WinForms, just ignore me. I stopped doing WinForms in 2009
#realJSOP 3-Apr-21 8:32am View

I updated my answer.
#realJSOP 3-Apr-21 7:57am View

I've been a programmer for over 40 years, and have NEVER seen an app that uses the Windows key in a key combination (other than Windows itself, or one of its own apps). I consider the Windows key to be for the sole use of the operating system.

You should visit this page to see why using the Windows key is a minefield of frustration and failure:

From a user interface point of view, keyboard shortcuts are generally invisible to the user. Invisible UI commands just annoy the end user. I personally avoid them whenever possible.
#realJSOP 3-Apr-21 7:45am View

Once again, what makes you think using a key combination that includes the Windows key is in any way a good idea? You won't do anything but confuse/anger your users. Typically, you should use Ctrl or Shift keys for this kind of thing.
#realJSOP 28-Mar-21 14:20pm View

I can't possibly tell you what's wrong with your code because I don't have it to run in visual studio. Try reducing the complexity so that you only have one partial view. If that works, and a 2nd one, and so on.

I can only suggest things to try, and I'm certainly no expert on mvc.
#realJSOP 28-Mar-21 12:13pm View

I have an MVC app that has 8 partial views in _Layout.cshtml, and all of them use @Html.Partial for rendering.

If yours aren't rendering, you have something fundamental wrong with your application.

Try checking the developer tools window in you browser and see if you're getting any errors when it tries to load the files.

#realJSOP 17-Mar-21 5:11am View

I gotta say, be a programmer. I corrected my reply when I realized I had made that error, but it would have been just as simple for you to do it on your own.
#realJSOP 17-Mar-21 4:46am View

Try doing this:

log_txtbox.Text = string.Concat(log_txtbox.Text, Environment.NewLine, DateTime.Now.ToString(), e.IpPort.ToString())," : join");
#realJSOP 13-Mar-21 6:55am View

I mentioned an alternative - use tabs.
#realJSOP 10-Mar-21 12:14pm View

yeah i caught that after i replied. :)

But since nobody else had described that strategy, I decided to leave it in there. :)
#realJSOP 9-Mar-21 9:07am View

I have no idea how your code is architected and cannot recommend anything specific. In my environment, we keep all of our connection strings in the code (they're built dynamically according to the database server they need to use) as opposed to being in config files, and our DAL/BLL code is built to use them that way. The articles I cited are essentially the way we do it, and were provided as an example.

Without digging into your code, I'm honestly not really qualified to tell you if I think there might be a better way. What I have found is that the act of documenting code often reveals weaknesses that exist in your thought processes. I've refactored a lot of code as a result of trying to explain it in a document.
#realJSOP 6-Mar-21 8:15am View

BTW, I've found that Nuget does indeed miss dependencies sometimes. I'm sure it depends on how the package was built.
#realJSOP 6-Mar-21 7:26am View

Did you do a nuget on that separately to fix it?
#realJSOP 4-Mar-21 12:38pm View

I think the Tag property is the most forgotten and neglected property in WPF. I often don't consider its use unless it's a last-resort situation.
#realJSOP 4-Mar-21 10:09am View

Now you've done it. You've implied that a simple google search would answer his question.
#realJSOP 4-Mar-21 10:08am View

You have the library - write some f*ckin code to find the answers on your own. None of us have skin in the game, so we don't generally care enough to check it ourselves. Not only that, but we're not going to tolerate being told what your requirements are in a onesie-twosie fashion.
#realJSOP 4-Mar-21 9:46am View

I don't think you can do it that way. Itwould be much simpler if you simply handled the event in your form i think.
#realJSOP 3-Mar-21 17:01pm View

I think if you replace the "------ ?" with some actual code, it'll probably work.
#realJSOP 2-Mar-21 6:33am View

nope. never heard of them before this qa question - if you have a probelme with a 3rd party library, the best source for answers is the manufacturer
#realJSOP 2-Mar-21 5:58am View

Have you tried contacting their support department?
#realJSOP 2-Mar-21 5:27am View

That's probably what's wrong - you need to use at least .net 4.5. You'll need the source code to the DLL so you can recompile it as well. You really should be using the absolute latest/greatest version of .Net Framework (I think it's either 4.72 or 4.8).
#realJSOP 1-Mar-21 10:55am View

Your question wasn't framed that way. They best way to do it is IN the sql query (assuming you're using a real SQL implementation). At that point, it doesn't matter what your using to process it because it will come back as JSON, and JSON parsing is ubiquitous in pretty much every language in popular use today.
#realJSOP 27-Feb-21 15:39pm View

All beginners should learn how to use google to find answers for questions like this.
#realJSOP 27-Feb-21 15:38pm View

You need to connect to the database server in order to retrieve a list of databases that are available. Have you done that? Also, you didn't tell us what kind of database you're using. Sql Server? Oracle? Access? MySql? Something else?
#realJSOP 21-Feb-21 6:30am View

Are you adding Grid.RowDefinitions to your grid for each checkbox? I created a simple window with a grid in a scrollviewer, and cannot duplicate the behavior you describe. I didn't dynamically add the checkboxes, but when I click a checkbox, the scrollviewer does not scroll it to the top.
#realJSOP 19-Feb-21 16:38pm View

So after the FileDialog returns, call this.Focus() and see what happens.

FWIW, "pretty" is a waste of CPU cycles.
#realJSOP 19-Feb-21 11:07am View

Where is your Button XAML? And have you tried it without your storyboard animations?
#realJSOP 19-Feb-21 9:46am View

Change your question to show your XAML
#realJSOP 18-Feb-21 14:49pm View

Do yourself a favor and learn about the MVVM pattern.

Rule of thumb - never bind directly to the data source.
#realJSOP 18-Feb-21 5:47am View

I just did that.
#realJSOP 18-Feb-21 4:43am View

I already tried that and it didn't appear to have any effect
#realJSOP 18-Feb-21 4:41am View

It's already set to that.
#realJSOP 11-Dec-20 10:18am View

Maybe a combo box isn't the best control choice here.
#realJSOP 22-Jul-20 18:58pm View

You can examine the execution plan to find the bottlenecks, and expect to have to create several nixes.
#realJSOP 19-Jul-20 8:06am View

My immediate answer is to be a programmer, learn how to use google, and fix it. Seriously, man...

I fixed the code.
#realJSOP 16-Jul-20 12:17pm View

You can find it on google
#realJSOP 16-Jul-20 11:02am View

I would do a union and simply add a single row for the total
#realJSOP 16-Jul-20 10:13am View

It's because we assumed that "date" was the name of the column. It must not be...
#realJSOP 16-Jul-20 9:55am View

That's invalid. the first argument has to be an expression - either a column name or a variable.
#realJSOP 16-Jul-20 8:21am View

Apparently, what you and I both took to be a datetime column is probably not a datetime column. LOL
#realJSOP 16-Jul-20 8:13am View

well, i can only assume that your date column is a datetime. since we can't devine yuour schema from thin freakin air, you're on the hook to make it actually work.
#realJSOP 6-Jul-20 13:30pm View

Samba is on the box I work on, but not all of the remote machines. BTW, I haven't tried ".local" yet.
#realJSOP 5-Jul-20 13:03pm View

yeah, that's what the path looks like. No workee. The exception is showing it that way, but i'm using a Uri and sending it as "file://...".
#realJSOP 5-Jul-20 11:29am View

Well, I don't want to have to do something on the remote device (happens to be a raspberry pi) to make it work, but at the same time, this code will eventually be runnign from a .net core web app on a linux box, so I can't use windows-specific code to do it. I don 't know any other way to do it. :/
#realJSOP 5-Jul-20 10:11am View

Well, it looks like you're using EntityFramework, so I can't comment because I refuse to use it. I thought it deserialized the data into entities for you, but I might be wrong...
#realJSOP 25-Jun-20 9:25am View

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION
#realJSOP 22-Jun-20 10:43am View

My first guess is to find out why dr.Cells[1].Value is null, and fix it. My guess is that the cell value is a string, and your SQL is expecting a DateTime.

BTW, when you insert into a table, you really should specify the columns that you will be inserting data for. Your SQL statement is not guaranteed to work the way it's currently written.
#realJSOP 17-Jun-20 12:06pm View

I have no idea what you're asking
#realJSOP 12-Jun-20 15:48pm View

Edited my answer
#realJSOP 12-Jun-20 7:45am View

How should I know? Didn't yopu read the part of my answer that said you have to determine that on your own?
#realJSOP 11-Jun-20 8:38am View

are they excel files?
#realJSOP 8-Jun-20 5:34am View

I personally use session variables. More specifically, a single session var that is a container for all of my vars and collections that need to persist between page requests..
#realJSOP 5-Jun-20 14:07pm View

Then you should have an idea already how to do what I suggested. In point of fact, you can use the subscribe to the object's propertychanged event from the property, and simply see if the desired property is what caused it to fire, and if so, do whatever you want to do.
#realJSOP 4-Jun-20 12:05pm View

Are you using MVVM in your app?
#realJSOP 3-Jun-20 3:44am View

Being able to identify the problem is key to coming up with a solution. Good on you, mate.

BTW, we don't do homework for people.
#realJSOP 27-May-20 13:36pm View

You can strip out the excel support, and therefore, not use a package.
#realJSOP 17-May-20 8:11am View

Isn't this like the third time this homework question has come up?
#realJSOP 15-May-20 12:54pm View

You are aware that this question if almost 9 years old right?
#realJSOP 13-May-20 13:43pm View

Hire a programmer if you want someone to do it for you. Nobody here works for free.
#realJSOP 7-May-20 11:27am View

I see the problem - you're trying to do work that an actual programmer should be doing.
#realJSOP 4-May-20 8:24am View

put a breakpoint in your viewmodel method to see if it's even getting there.
#realJSOP 4-May-20 8:21am View

As an aside, whoever designed that WPF form absolutely sucks at designing WPF forms.
#realJSOP 29-Apr-20 13:45pm View

it might also be that he's specified a date that is earlier than sql's minimum valid date
#realJSOP 23-Apr-20 10:54am View

dude, don't do it that way. Your code is vulnerable to sql injection attacks
#realJSOP 23-Apr-20 9:22am View

He could do a bulk insert of data, though. It's very "brute force", and there is no method for preventing duplicate entries (if that might be a concern), but he could do it.
#realJSOP 23-Apr-20 9:20am View

A long string of question marks probably won't help you, so try a different character.
#realJSOP 23-Apr-20 9:18am View

Please don't clutter this question with facts. It's really distracting.
#realJSOP 23-Apr-20 7:04am View

Post this as a question.
#realJSOP 23-Apr-20 7:03am View

Deleted
I have a WpfCommon assembly, which contains (among other things) a NotifiableWindow class that implements INotifyPropertyChanged. That way I just derive from that class, and don't have to do all that coding in the outward-facing window code.
#realJSOP 22-Apr-20 20:43pm View

Configure your Datepicker to force the user to actually select the dat with the picker.
#realJSOP 21-Apr-20 8:24am View

Honestly, I lost interest when I saw this - "but than I get another bunch of errors." You had me right up until the last sentence.
#realJSOP 21-Apr-20 5:25am View

His "real issue" was removing a comma from a string. His question didn't mention or imply the desire to make it culture specific. His example was to go from "1,250" to "1250". My solution is precisely what he asked for, and he marked it as "the answer".
#realJSOP 20-Apr-20 20:02pm View

How does it cover his real issues?
#realJSOP 20-Apr-20 13:27pm View

I don't have time to have a long drawn out message exchange. You have enough info that you should be able to google how to do what you want. Googling is certainly faster than posting a question and waiting for an answer. When you have a specific question, come back and ask it.
#realJSOP 18-Apr-20 6:46am View

You've replied with "1" twice. WTF does that even mean?
#realJSOP 14-Apr-20 8:56am View

Re-post this question in the appropriate discussion forum. Q&A is not a suitable platform for having a discussion of this scope.
#realJSOP 10-Apr-20 6:27am View

But LIKE eliminates the need to be concerned with case sensitivity (or it does in SQL Server).
#realJSOP 10-Apr-20 6:25am View

Probably because they "don't work".
#realJSOP 10-Apr-20 4:35am View

What's the error you're getting? "Doesn't seem to work doesn't tell us anything at all.
#realJSOP 8-Apr-20 8:55am View

Provide the answer is the desired path because it will help someone else that has a similar issue.
#realJSOP 7-Apr-20 17:43pm View

Well, call/email them and describe the problem. That's all I know. Well, that and you should hire a real developer. Just sayin...
#realJSOP 7-Apr-20 17:34pm View

Are you running your site on Apache/Linux?
#realJSOP 7-Apr-20 5:44am View

There is no such property in an Enum object.
#realJSOP 6-Apr-20 9:39am View

He's clearly an assassin, and not a developer.
#realJSOP 6-Apr-20 6:43am View

You have to show us the code from your form that handles the item selection.
#realJSOP 2-Apr-20 7:40am View

What do you mean by "display the text file in a treeview"? Are you saying all of the text in the file, or is the file a list of tree items? If it's a list of tree items, don't do that. Use JSON or XML instead, because those two formats can be deserialized into objects.
#realJSOP 28-Mar-20 13:36pm View

This guy can't possibly be from the US (as indicated in his profile). US programmers aren't generally this f*ckin helpless...
#realJSOP 28-Mar-20 12:59pm View

F*ckin google it dude. Hint - they're javascript events.
#realJSOP 28-Mar-20 12:02pm View

I'm merely grasping at straws here, but try InvokeMember("click") or InvokeMember("mouseup").

Also, do it this way:
HTMLNode ctrl = wb.Document.GetElementByID("source");
if (ctrl != null)
{
    ctrl.InvokeMember("click");
}

That way you can put a breakpoint in there and see what's happening.
#realJSOP 28-Mar-20 11:03am View

0) For the record, your problem descriptions suck.

1) You don't need to "simulate a mouse click". Simply call the control's Focus() method.

2) Find out what the id of the textbox is. You can do this by going to the google translate page in an external browser and viewing the source.

3) In your code, use HTMLAgilityPack (install it in your project with NuGet) to parse the page and find the control when it's browsed to in your app. From there, it's a simply matter of manipulating the DOM to do whatever it is you want to do.
#realJSOP 28-Mar-20 10:32am View

You can use InteropServices to send a window an event. I don't know (or care) what you want to do, but it can (and probably requires) be done with interopservices since it involves another window in an external app. Like I mentioned before, google is your friend.

BTW, a good "empty point" is the top/left pixel of the window's client area. There's almost never a control there. The color of the pixel at that point is inconsequential.
#realJSOP 28-Mar-20 10:03am View

Has nothing to do with colors - just allows you to find windows and controls that are currently active in windows.Z However, once you find the desired control window, you can discover whatever window properties you might want. This is going to require some googling on your part. You can use Spy++ to inspect a given window to see if you can get a lead on what to look for. Caveat, there's no "fast way" to find out what to do, unless you happen to stumble across a fairly complete assembly that contains all of the necessary InteropServices calls.
#realJSOP 23-Mar-20 5:31am View

You have to do a join with Linq. Google "Linq join".
#realJSOP 13-Mar-20 6:38am View

Your code makes no sense.
#realJSOP 10-Mar-20 19:07pm View

You can write a ssis package or SQL Server CLR assembly to do it.
#realJSOP 14-Feb-20 11:27am View

not working here.
#realJSOP 14-Feb-20 11:27am View

ummm, I don't know - I gotta dig through this spaghetti code to find it. again.
#realJSOP 14-Feb-20 10:11am View

It was something i tried, without any basis in experience. IOW, it was a stab in the dark.
#realJSOP 12-Jan-20 5:24am View

Uou do realize this question is 10 years old, right?
#realJSOP 30-Dec-19 6:40am View

I exist but to serve as an example to others. :)
#realJSOP 30-Dec-19 5:26am View

It means he's doing it wrong.
#realJSOP 25-Dec-19 5:49am View

What is the question?
#realJSOP 2-Dec-19 18:31pm View

You're better off keeping your opinions to yourself.
#realJSOP 2-Dec-19 7:05am View

Few (if any) here have a great love of Microsoft.
#realJSOP 27-Nov-19 11:09am View

My point is to keep them separate. Update your legacy app, and move the new feature to the MVC app. Don't cross the streams - you'll end up frustrated with a broken app that you can't fix. ASP.Net Web Forms is SIGNIFICANTLY different from MVC. Trust me, I've been in exactly the same position as you are right now.
#realJSOP 27-Nov-19 9:49am View

I wouldn't to it that way. Leave the legacy app alone, and re-implement it as a mvc app. When you're happy with the mvc app, replace the legacy app with the mvc app on the web server.
#realJSOP 26-Nov-19 6:45am View

That's a COMPLETELY different question than what you originally asked.See my new solution
#realJSOP 25-Nov-19 19:12pm View

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
#realJSOP 22-Nov-19 10:48am View

google "how to use visual studio debugger". It's highly likely you'll find a video on youtube.
#realJSOP 22-Nov-19 10:26am View

with the debugger.
#realJSOP 9-Nov-19 9:16am View

What SQl are we talking aabout? Sql Server? MySql? SomeOtherF*ckedUpSQL?
#realJSOP 8-Nov-19 10:00am View

Well, the solution is simple - stop doing that.
#realJSOP 8-Nov-19 9:57am View

I would think that the UK's socialized medicine would by default make all hospitals "public".
#realJSOP 5-Nov-19 17:04pm View

3) How are we supposed to know that? You never once mentioned it. And I think you know what you can do with your "relaxxxx". Sideways.
#realJSOP 5-Nov-19 14:57pm View

0) Again, "Lightshot" is unknown. If you want us to look at your code, post the appropriate snippet in your question (NOT the entire app).

1) Well, what's different between YOUR system, and the "other system"? The key here is that WE DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION.

2) No, I meant to put them in the appropriate folder on the "other system". If your code is written correctly, it won't try to download the files again if they're present, and your app should go ahead and work.

3) BTW, your app should be downloading the files into the user's My Documents folder, and in a sub-folder specific to your application.

4) Try displaying the actual exception and stack trace so you can go back to your system and find the error.

5) Be a f*ckin programmer, and figure it out.
#realJSOP 4-Nov-19 7:09am View

My WTF meter is pegged.
#realJSOP 25-Oct-19 13:11pm View

Dunno. Jst something I would try if it were me. Not seeing the rest of his associated code, the best he can expect is a WAG.
#realJSOP 22-Oct-19 15:20pm View

What I don't get is why people insist on using Linq for stuff that sql server does much better...
#realJSOP 18-Oct-19 10:27am View

I have no idea. I've never worked with Azure, but I do know it's just a remote storage solution. You still have to write code to get your data into the database.
#realJSOP 18-Oct-19 8:18am View

Azure is just cloud based storage. How you get your data into the cloud is entirely on your shoulders. If you need to submit your data as a csv, YOU have to convert it to that format.
#realJSOP 17-Oct-19 22:02pm View

No, it’s not part of JavaScript that I am aware of.
#realJSOP 17-Oct-19 14:54pm View

comparedTo is a function contained in the BigNumber object. You have to look at the source code for that object to find it.
#realJSOP 16-Oct-19 15:14pm View

What's the url you're trying to use? That site is blocked here at work, so I can't see if it works...
#realJSOP 8-Oct-19 10:08am View

"not working" = "i'm doing it wrong"

An alternative definition is "what's a debugger?".
#realJSOP 8-Oct-19 10:04am View

You're not bloating code by using MVVM - you're simply moving the code you'd have to write *anyway* into a more logical location.
#realJSOP 8-Oct-19 10:01am View

The item class that represents your grid items.
#realJSOP 1-Oct-19 7:54am View

Yep, this is the answer. My approach doesn't inherit well. At all. :)