Comments by phil.o (Top 200 by date)

phil.o 3-Dec-21 4:39am View

Please indicate which number your are using as input.
phil.o 3-Dec-21 4:11am View

You'd better ask the author of the package you are using :) You already have the address.
But I would bet this has something to do with the credentials of the account under which your script is running. I'd check that first.
phil.o 2-Dec-21 4:02am View

You may want to try Audacity (an open-source software). This is what I'm using to normalize my mp3 files, and find it quite handy.
phil.o 2-Dec-21 3:13am View

And do you know how these mp3 files are produced?
phil.o 1-Dec-21 14:23pm View

You should start with your course material.
phil.o 1-Dec-21 3:33am View

Audio header does not contain artist, song, etc.. details. These can be added either as ID3 v1 or v2 tags, but these tags are absolutely optional, and their absence should never prevent audio stream loading.
Regarding faulting files, are they valid mp3 files in any other software?
phil.o 30-Nov-21 14:12pm View

You can see the class definition as a blueprint: it defines what is an object, which are its properties and methods. An instance of that object is the result of building the blueprint.
phil.o 29-Nov-21 3:37am View

It's not just a matter of syntax. Important part is how to think about a problem and build an algorithm. Using the right syntax is not the difficult part of the job :)
phil.o 27-Nov-21 2:34am View

You did not ask any question. If you are expecting someone will do your homework for you, you will be disappointed.
phil.o 27-Nov-21 1:58am View

phil.o 26-Nov-21 3:11am View

I would check both C and C++ language standards used in both projects, and see whether they match.
phil.o 25-Nov-21 17:35pm View

I voted 5 just for the surrealistic conversation :laugh:
phil.o 25-Nov-21 14:29pm View

If you want an index on that column, you cannot have more than 1700 bytes in a single row. So it seems that, as it is, you won't be able to create an index.
If you have the possibility to shrink down this field down to maximum 1700 bytes, then you will be able to index the column.
phil.o 25-Nov-21 14:21pm View

"The maximum key length for a nonclustered index is 1700 bytes."
This should be a huge tip.
phil.o 25-Nov-21 9:07am View

Problem is in the schema, not the xml file itself, apparently.
phil.o 25-Nov-21 5:17am View

I love CTE's :)
phil.o 25-Nov-21 1:45am View

Please define what is exptected and how actual result differs from expectations.
phil.o 24-Nov-21 12:39pm View

No problem, I'm glad you found something to work with :)
phil.o 24-Nov-21 6:52am View

Without you using the green Improve question widget which appears while hovering your question, and qualifying the "What I have tried:" section with relevant code, I'm afraid your question is deemed to disappear into oblivion :)
phil.o 24-Nov-21 3:43am View

Ok I get it. Whenever I have to deal with a large number of projects in a solution, I use the Property Manager[^] feature of Visual Studio. Perhaps it could help you define families for output directories. I hope so.
phil.o 23-Nov-21 7:26am View

Please use the green Improve question widget which appears while hovering your question, and qualify the What I have tried: section with the actual code you have written. Please put the code inside <pre>...</pre> tags.
phil.o 23-Nov-21 6:50am View

This may seem silly, but why don't you use the dedicated editor which is integrated right into Visual Studio? Moreover, the sample you have shown is not valid xml. Please make sure to post acurate informations :)
phil.o 22-Nov-21 6:19am View

Hi Maciej, good point :)
phil.o 22-Nov-21 1:41am View

Think about it: what happens if you delete a table which is referenced by another?
phil.o 19-Nov-21 12:31pm View

undefined reference to `WinMain'

This could indicate that you have created a dll project (WinMain is the entry point of a Windows dll) instead of a console application. I never used mingw, so I can't tell you how, but could you make sure you are actually working with a project whose destination is a console application?
phil.o 19-Nov-21 7:24am View

You're welcome :)
phil.o 19-Nov-21 4:13am View

What does your course material say about it?
phil.o 19-Nov-21 4:11am View

Please use <pre> tag for code blocks. This makes things a lot easier to read. I did it for you this time.
phil.o 18-Nov-21 7:15am View

You should check the provider, as it seems that no data can be retrieved.
phil.o 18-Nov-21 3:29am View

You mean that which you did not show? :)
phil.o 18-Nov-21 3:25am View

What driver class?
phil.o 15-Nov-21 10:35am View

You could try to put the file in a folder with no restrictions for anyone, and test whether it is an access-rights issue.
phil.o 15-Nov-21 9:17am View

"Who wants to tweak that code that I copied from anywhere, so that it fulfills my homework requirements?"
I think that is the real question :)
phil.o 14-Nov-21 3:48am View

I strongly doubt that you get a cs1061 telling there is no Where method on Paragraphs, if System.Linq is imported. Paragraphs properties implements IEnumerable.
phil.o 13-Nov-21 10:47am View

You should add a directive to use System.Linq namespace, to get rid of the nasty cs1061. Then, you should have a go and test, anyway, because linq may not work as you expect :) The lambda gives a mean to the iterator to skip those items which do not satisfy the predicate.
phil.o 10-Nov-21 0:55am View

You have our permission to proceed.
Do you have a question?
phil.o 9-Nov-21 10:29am View

OK after re-reading the whole thing I think I get it.
You need to terminate statements and tell the engine to specifically process before continuuing:
IF OBJECT_ID('Extractreports.dbo.PartGeneration') IS NOT NULL
     DROP TABLE Extractreports.dbo.PartGeneration;

IF OBJECT_ID('Extractreports.dbo.getInsertedRows') IS NOT NULL
     drop table Extractreports.dbo.getInsertedRows;

GO
-- the rest of the SP here
phil.o 9-Nov-21 6:50am View

If you delete (drop) the table, there is no column left, since there is no table to contain it.
It remains the possibility of something wrong in your secret logic, maybe you are recreating the table there, maybe not... As we can't see, we can't guess. All we can see is that you are dropping the table, and then performing a query against the same table that you just dropped. Which cannot work.
phil.o 7-Nov-21 17:13pm View

You already have been asked not to delete your questions after they have received some answers. So, please, stop doing it.
phil.o 5-Nov-21 20:52pm View

This is still not an issue description.
You should also write
Bankinfo n = getBankinfo();
in your main method. Right now you create the variable but you do not affect it the result returned by the getBankInfo() method.
phil.o 5-Nov-21 20:24pm View

Yes, you have to use the Member Access Operator ->[^]
When you work with a pointer, you cannot use . as member accessor; you have to use -> operator:
struct thing { int value; };
thing* pointerToThing = new thing;
pointerToThing.value = 0; // Will not compile. Wrong operator.
pointerToThing->value = 0; // OK
phil.o 5-Nov-21 20:10pm View

I mean: every database element name that you define (database name, table name, column name, etc...) should not hold any extended characters. It's best to stick with ASCII characters, no accent, no language-specific letter, etc.
For example, in your query, you could just use english names for columns, for the sake of consistency. I find it rather disturbing to read text with mixed-languages. I never name any code element or database member in my native language.
phil.o 5-Nov-21 20:01pm View

not specific enough as an issue description...
phil.o 5-Nov-21 4:51am View

Please, dont be childish :)
phil.o 5-Nov-21 4:51am View

Who would be? :p
phil.o 5-Nov-21 4:20am View

Then it's time to lauch a debug session. Put a breakpoint on the first line of the click event handler, press F5, and investigate from here.
Note that accessing root directory is not recommended, and even prohibited on modern OSes. Try to browse from a subdirectory instead.
phil.o 5-Nov-21 3:04am View

Apparently, backslashes are not needed :)
phil.o 5-Nov-21 2:57am View

Apparently, whenever you write if (, this opens a virtual space where indentation is relaxed. The link provided by Dave shows several options you have to get a proper syntax, no scrolling required, just a link right to a code block with examples.
You do not have to use backslashes for multiline conditions, as we would do with C preprocessor directives, for example.
phil.o 5-Nov-21 1:48am View

month variable is assigned to an empty string once, and never gets updated later.
Try giving this variable a meaningful value.
phil.o 4-Nov-21 14:44pm View

As I told you: at this point, you are the only one who can find out the issue, because you are the only one having all required elements. And I gave you the way for that: the debugger. Did you follow the link I provided?
phil.o 4-Nov-21 13:30pm View

Then it is time for you to discover a whole new field: debugging :)
The error you get need to be investigated, and for that you need to compile the project and lauch a debug session (F5 in Visual Studio).
Tutorial: Learn to debug C# code using Visual Studio[^]
phil.o 4-Nov-21 2:52am View

There is your issue. You should always use the database type which is adapted to the data. Datetime values are a nightmare to handle when stored as strings.
If you use datetime type, it means you can compare two values using common < and > operators. If you use strings, you cannot compare values directly, and so have to split strings to get relevant parts; not to mention datetime format issues...
I'll write a solution to show you how to write your query for a column with proper type. The query for a datetime stored as string is awful, spending time on it is useless since it will resort to very poor query performances anyway.
phil.o 4-Nov-21 1:17am View

This has something to do with the current working directory. The .bat file has to be in the same folder as the executable running that code. Or, you have to pass the full path to the .bat file. Remember to escape the backslashes if you are writing a path; or use the verbatim-string modifier.
// Escaped version
string filename = "C:\\Users\\Paul\\Documents\\Netflix_run.bat";

// Verbatim version
string filename = @"C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Netflix_run.bat";
phil.o 4-Nov-21 0:51am View

Oups sorry that is an error from my part. Please see update solution.
The line you are referring to is just building pararameters variable, except I did not name it well...)
phil.o 4-Nov-21 0:23am View

Which type is the Pp_Date column?
phil.o 1-Nov-21 8:11am View

Better than playing with displayed text, it would be better to modify the code which inserts an icon in a header cell, which you did not show.
phil.o 30-Oct-21 3:55am View

'Write a program' is not a question. This is a request.
phil.o 28-Oct-21 6:17am View

Did you place that code in a console application? Or in another type of VS project?
phil.o 28-Oct-21 4:33am View

Someone could try to help you, provided you take time to describe an issue and filter out all that pile of code so that we can concentrate on the important part.
phil.o 27-Oct-21 17:28pm View

I formatted the code for you, but this leads to malformed c++ which won't even compile.
Please edit your question, and post your actual code inside <pre> tags. To do that, most simple way is to select option "Code block" on pasting into the "What I have tried" section.
phil.o 26-Oct-21 15:12pm View

There are other flaws. For example, a for loop is taken for a conditional statement.
phil.o 17-Jun-20 7:25am View

I added the pre tag in which you can paste your current CSS code. Please use the green "Improve question" widget.
phil.o 16-Jun-20 19:43pm View

What don't you understand in that? Right now, this just looks like you asking us to do your homework.
phil.o 10-Jun-20 17:22pm View

If no row is selected, selected index will equal -1. With the code I wrote, no button will be enabled then. You can change the logic to make it whatever you find appropriate.
And, yes, basically I think you do not need inc and maxRows class variables.
phil.o 5-Jun-20 10:59am View

If "the part of the program that works fine" is raising an exception, it might not be as fine as you think. Just sayin' :)
phil.o 2-Jun-20 11:05am View

Problem is, the code that you are showing is not relative in any way to your original question.
phil.o 2-Jun-20 11:05am View

Thanks :)
phil.o 2-Jun-20 9:10am View

Please use the green "Improve Question" button and qualify the "What I have tried" part with what you actually tried. No one will do your homework for you.
phil.o 31-May-20 12:58pm View

You're welcome.
phil.o 31-May-20 7:41am View

Well, explaining all of it may take quite an amount of time, and goes far beyond the purpose of a quick answers forum. If you could use the green "Improve Question" button, and qualify your question with the relevant part of the code that you have so far, then it would be easier to provide a concrete solution.
If you really are a total beginner, I would advise to put your current project on hold, and invest some time in learning the basics of the language first. It wouldn't be a waste of time, but instead will make your learning curve much smoother, in the long term.
phil.o 31-May-20 5:50am View

You're welcome.
phil.o 31-May-20 5:17am View

I updated my comment. It is completely possible to do that, with any database system. As I told in the comment, you should escape the double-quotes inside the string.
phil.o 31-May-20 5:06am View

Try
string DataLoad = "SELECT Format([Date], \"mm/yyyy\") AS \"Month/Year\", Count([Name]) AS \"Count\" FROM [customer] GROUP BY Format([Date], \"mm/yyyy\")";

You have to escape double quotes inside the string itself.
phil.o 31-May-20 4:51am View

You're welcome.
phil.o 31-May-20 4:47am View

I edited my answer to provide a solution for an MS Access query.
phil.o 31-May-20 4:43am View

So, you are using access database, but have tagged your question MySQL.
And you wonder why you don't get valid answers?
phil.o 31-May-20 4:33am View

Would you mind explaining what that means exactly? What result do you get?
phil.o 30-May-20 13:52pm View

If the last line is not an empty line, you may be off by one (I'm not sure, though; this would need to be checked). In this case, this might overcome the issue:
awk 'BEGIN {sum=0} {sum+=length($0)} END {print sum+NR-1}'
phil.o 30-May-20 10:30am View

Sorry, no. While I like to help those who genuinely provide some thoughts and hard-working to their own tasks, I'm really not into doing others' work for them.
phil.o 30-May-20 9:39am View

phil.o 30-May-20 9:35am View

Nope, that does not work like that. If you want to hire a developper, CP is not the right place.
phil.o 30-May-20 9:08am View

The text of the macro as shown in my snippet is just an example. You have to modify it with the text of your own macro. file1 holds the path of the word document you want to write to, and file2 is only here because there was the need of its value in the example. You may not need the file2 variable.
And, if you have some code to share, please use the green "Improve Question" widget, and put it in the "What I have tried" section, using pre tag for code formatting.
phil.o 30-May-20 8:32am View

You have to adapt the code to your specific situation, by giving these variables whatever values are relevant
phil.o 30-May-20 8:07am View

Try to replace each ampersand (&) with & VbCrLf &.
phil.o 30-May-20 6:27am View

I corrected the snippet.
phil.o 30-May-20 6:03am View

Here's the snippet translated to VB.NET:
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
Imports Microsoft.Vbe.Interop
Imports Word = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Application

Private Sub TheMethod()
    Dim file1, file2 As String
    Dim word = New Word
    word.Visible = True
    Dim doc = word.Documents.Open(file1)
    Dim project = doc.VBProject
    Dim [module] = project.VBComponents.Add(vbext_ComponentType.vbext_ct_StdModule)
    Dim script = String.Format("Sub MacroTest() " & _
"Const path1 As String = ""{0}"" " & _
"Set doc1 = Documents.Open(path1) " & _
"End Sub", file2)
    [module].CodeModule.AddFromString(script)
    word.Run("MacroTest")
End Sub
phil.o 30-May-20 5:11am View

5'd
I would also say that, among all tutorials on Unity development that can be found out there, some of them may exhibit some really questionnable coding practices.
phil.o 29-May-20 15:51pm View

Sorry I still don't understand. Please answer my question: what is the type of the idControl variable?
phil.o 29-May-20 15:06pm View

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Where do ids come from? What is the type of the idControl variable?
phil.o 29-May-20 15:02pm View

Unclear. Please use the green "Improve Question" widget and specify what you have tried exactly, and how the result was incorrect.
phil.o 29-May-20 9:33am View

This is not an answer. If you have got a question, please post a new question instead. But, please, format your code properly with <pre> tags, and provide an acurate description of the error. "but showing some error in code" does not tell us anything useful.
phil.o 28-May-20 21:09pm View

Thanks :)
phil.o 28-May-20 21:08pm View

You're welcome :)
phil.o 28-May-20 20:32pm View

Yes: someone apparently managed to stole some informations about you. I would have a thourough check on my computer, if I were in the same situation. Maybe you have some sort of spyware. Or maybe it is just that you are using the same password on different places, and that one of them has been stolen. There is no way for us to tell for sure from where this comes. You should also change your existing passwords, and use a different one on each site. Password manager applications exist to help you with that. Anyway, you should consider any activity on your computer as highly risky until you have had it checked free from any malware/keylogger/spyware.
phil.o 28-May-20 20:08pm View

No, you should either create a parameterless constructor in the Task class, so that your existing code finds this constructor. Or modify the line Task newTask = new Task(); to Task newTask = new Task(DateTime.MinValue, PriorityType.NotUrgent, "Default task"); (for example) so that it calls the already existing constructor.
phil.o 28-May-20 19:15pm View

Have my virtual pound :)
phil.o 28-May-20 19:10pm View

You could start by clicking on the numerous links at the right side of this page which relate to this issue :)
phil.o 28-May-20 18:46pm View

You're welcome. You could try two things: first, explicitly declaring the Task class as public. Second: giving it a parameterless constructor, which assigns default values for date, priority and description; or use in the calling code the existing constructor (the one with parameters).
Edit: as there already exists a Task class in the System.Threading.Tasks namespace, you should give your own class another name; or, if you want to keep that name, then use the fully qualified name (FriendlyReminder.Task) in every file where the System.Threading.Tasks namespace has been imported.
phil.o 28-May-20 18:42pm View

Please delete this answer; the place for this is in the question, like you already did :)
phil.o 28-May-20 17:38pm View

I don't know. System.Threading.Tasks.Task class does not have any empty constructor (a constructor without any argument). But then, you wouldn't get the error message you actually get (it would rather be something along "No constructor accepting zero argument is defined").
What is this task class you are using exactly? Did you create it yourself? If so, could you please use the green "Improve Question" button and provide the definition of this class?
Edit: the error message suggests that Task would rather be a property, but then you would get a compilation error since the Task class would appear non-existent. None of this makes really sense.
phil.o 28-May-20 15:50pm View

That puzzled me too, what I proposed is just a long, long shot. Under this form, I guess the AddXY(Object, Object[]) overload will be used.
The meaning of 'not working' should really be detailed.
phil.o 28-May-20 14:29pm View

5'd
phil.o 28-May-20 14:23pm View

5'd
phil.o 28-May-20 12:41pm View

In this case, you have to count whitespaces in the function determining how many 'special' characters there are.
phil.o 28-May-20 11:51am View

I wondered why, too. But, who knows... :)
phil.o 28-May-20 11:38am View

I cannot see why $, %, ^, &, etc. would be special; they are all representable glyphs. So is whitespace, even if this glyph actually is blank.
So, what exactly is your definition of special? Do you mean a character which is not a letter nor a digit? A whitespace is not a letter nor a digit, but it is printable.
phil.o 28-May-20 10:40am View

The requirement is not totally clear to me. Besides, it goes beyond your original question. Please, try to do it by yourself first, then ask a new question about this new requirement if you are stuck, eventually. Sorry, but I won't write it all for you.
phil.o 28-May-20 9:14am View

Thanks :)
phil.o 28-May-20 9:13am View

Often people will post their "question" as an answer to and old question which looks like theirs. I wouldn't qualify this as spam right away; let's wait for an eventual payload to flag it formally, but I wouldn't bet on qualifying this as spam.
phil.o 28-May-20 9:01am View

This is not an answer. Besides, solution 2 already explains in clear words what the core of your issue is.
phil.o 28-May-20 8:54am View

This is the same as what you have tried and which was not correct.
The only decent way is to use a parameterized query:
using (SqlCommand Cmd = ...)
{
   Cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE Field1 = @value";
   Cmd.Parameters.Add("@value", SqlDbType.NVarChar).Value = TextBox1.Text;
   // Then execute the command.
}
phil.o 28-May-20 8:14am View

The Next function, when called with two parameters, will return an integer greater than or equal to the first parameter, and strictly lower than second parameter. Thus, it will return a value between 0 and 255 (inclusive). If this value is greater than 127, we choose white (255); otherwise, we choose black (0).
phil.o 28-May-20 7:56am View

Your only option is to debug your code and investigate the value of the variable holding the server name.
phil.o 28-May-20 6:48am View

No, because there is no obvious reason for not using a boolean type when it actually exists :)
phil.o 28-May-20 6:05am View

Then debug your code to see where is the issue.
The python debugger

I do not understand why you don't return True or False from your function. Python has a boolean type, so why no using it?
status = True  # instead of status = 1
status = False # instead of status = 0
return status  # instead of return (int)status
phil.o 28-May-20 5:20am View

Your reply to Rick's comment does not exactly fit your original question. Without deeper context, it is not obvious that all labels are made invisible each time before one of them is set visible.
phil.o 28-May-20 5:17am View

Thanks Maciej :)
phil.o 28-May-20 3:42am View

This is a common non-issue. You should not care that your ids in the database are not contiguous. They are not meant to make your data pretty, they are meant to index a row unambiguously. Strict continuity of numeric ids is nothing else than cosmetic.
phil.o 27-May-20 10:27am View

The problem isn't in the setup. It is in your code relying on a file which it is expecting to find in the Program Files folder. Change the code so that this file is placed in one of the directories I told, and you will get rid of the issue.
phil.o 26-May-20 21:19pm View

What do you mean by your real IP?
phil.o 26-May-20 7:30am View

The "What I have tried" section is for you to show us the code you have tried so far. Please use the green "Improve Question" widget and qualify this section properly.
phil.o 26-May-20 6:53am View

Anything which aims at verifying that the payment has been actually done. This depends on so many factors that there is not a single code fitting all situations. See with the entity processing the payments to know how to properly use their services.
phil.o 25-May-20 4:29am View

public Counter(int _val, int _min, int _max)
{
   min = _min;
   max = _max;
   Value = _val;
}

OG means that: since setting the Value property internally calls the InRange() method, then you have to set minimum and maximum values before setting the value itself; otherwise, both minimum and maximum will equal zero, and your constructor won't accept any other value than zero.

In addition, you should have a look at what is debugging; it would allow you to have a better understanding of what your code is doing by investigating its state step-by-step.
Tutorial: Learn to debug C# code using Visual Studio
phil.o 25-May-20 1:55am View

No. We would need to know the exact type of the exception, as well as the pace in the code where it happens.
phil.o 25-May-20 1:49am View

What mistake?
And I see obvious flaw: you do not test whether bounds are properly ordered on creation.
phil.o 23-May-20 18:12pm View

Please define 'wrong'.
phil.o 23-May-20 16:43pm View

5'd
You could have told him to modify his conditions in if..else blocks as well.
phil.o 23-May-20 16:37pm View

Please indicate what you have tried exactly, and where you are stuck, because for now this just looks like you asking us to do your homework.
Please do not post your question several times. You already have asked this once, and with a more precise description of what you have tried, so please just be patient; someone will help if possible.
phil.o 23-May-20 4:56am View

System.Windows.Media.Brushes is not a collection, i.e. it does not implement basic collection interfaces. In this case, you'd better create your own collection. A possible choice would be a Dictionary<string, Color> mapping the colour-name to its colour-value. Another possible choice would be a List<Tuple<string, Color>>.
phil.o 22-May-20 11:06am View

Did you really change the code in the VisbTbU setter as well?
phil.o 22-May-20 11:00am View

Because you are using N0 as format specifier, which leads to a decimal number with 0 decimal digits. Try to replace N0 with N, for example.
phil.o 22-May-20 10:57am View

NumberStyles.Number already includes NumberStyles.AllowThousands. No need to specify the latter, then.
value = Decimal.Parse(txtInput.Text, System.Globalization.NumberStyles.Number)
phil.o 22-May-20 8:02am View

If you have a question, please post your own using the "Ask a Question" red button. Please make sure to be as precise as possible, and include a code block explaining where you are stuck exactly.
But do not post your question as an answer to a question which looks like yours.
phil.o 22-May-20 6:15am View

Thanks :)
phil.o 22-May-20 4:36am View

Well, no answer from OP, so I guess you are right.
phil.o 22-May-20 4:20am View

Repost of How can I fix this code? from May 9th.
phil.o 21-May-20 14:13pm View

Credentials are managed at the connection level, not at the query level. You cannot issue a query to change the login of a connection.
phil.o 21-May-20 14:10pm View

You have to get rid of --- \t at the end of the string. This is what prevents the date from being properly parsed.
phil.o 21-May-20 13:40pm View

What is in the file is one thing; but this is what is exacly in the date variable which matters.
Tutorial: Learn to debug C# code using Visual Studio
Put a breakpoint on the line string date = columns[0];, and start a debug session (F5). When the program will get to the breakpoint, its execution will pause, and you'll be able to execute it line by line (F11) and watch for the values held in variables.
phil.o 21-May-20 13:26pm View

Withot knowing what exact value there is in the string, it is hard to tell a solution. It is time for you to start a debug session and investigate this value which cannot be parsed. Do you know how to conduct a debug session?
phil.o 21-May-20 12:25pm View

My bad, I corrected my answer.
phil.o 21-May-20 9:29am View

You add a double value to the list. Only when you present the data to the end user, then the string representation becomes relevant. You seem to still think that 1.1 and 1.10 are two distinct values; they are not.
phil.o 21-May-20 9:05am View

phil.o 21-May-20 9:05am View

phil.o 20-May-20 16:00pm View

In the helloYou function:
1. Get the length of the string parameter.
2. Test whether it is odd:
2a. If it is odd, return "undefined".
2b. Else, concatenate "Hello, ", the parameter, then "!", and return the result.

There is absolutely no difficulty nor trick in that. You just have to start writing and testing.
phil.o 20-May-20 15:56pm View

You're welcome!
phil.o 20-May-20 15:12pm View

You have the atom variable containing all the data of this specific "line".
phil.o 20-May-20 13:12pm View

You're welcome. Please mark your question as answered if your problem is solved.
phil.o 20-May-20 11:57am View

Please see my updated answer.
phil.o 19-May-20 15:26pm View

Try to provide a session id to the -i switch (eg., -i 1).
phil.o 19-May-20 15:13pm View

You can use the -i switch so that it can interact with the desktop.
phil.o 19-May-20 7:51am View

No, because you did not provide any information about what you have tried, nor what this error is.
phil.o 19-May-20 7:38am View

We won't do your homework. You have just a few minutes left to change your way of homeworking and start trying to do things by yourself.
phil.o 18-May-20 8:03am View

access C#
This will give you plenty of material on how to connect to an access database from C#. Teaching you this sort of thing is way beyond the purpose of a quick answers forum.
Please note that you cannot read from and write to a database at the same time. You can read from it with a SELECT command, and you can write to it with an INSERT or UPDATE command, for example. Again, all of this is rather generic, and you should have a minimal understanding of relational database queries before attempting to use one in your application.
phil.o 18-May-20 7:37am View

What prevents you from doing that?
phil.o 18-May-20 7:37am View

What is the problem?
phil.o 18-May-20 3:48am View

Everything is explained on the link I provided. You can also type
man adduser
to get syntax and usage examples. There also exists an useradd command accepting -g as option. Check it with
man useradd
phil.o 16-May-20 10:48am View

You should make it an answer.
phil.o 14-May-20 11:03am View

Without the input CSV file, there is not much we can say, apart from the fact that this input file does not match your COPY statement in some way.
phil.o 14-May-20 7:52am View

Your XML file does not look like a well-formed XML document. You are showing no closing tags.
You should validate your XML file first, to ensure it is in a proper format. If your XML file is not valid XML, you cannot expect proper results while browsing the document tree.
XML validation
phil.o 13-May-20 5:15am View

Deleted
And yet, you have at least two accounts on a developper's forum. This is kind of confusing.
phil.o 13-May-20 3:53am View

The purpose of your assignment is not to test your ability to find some code on the internet and copy/paste it as your own work, but rather to teach you how to analyze a problem, draw a diagram of the required steps to solve it, and translate that into actual C code.
phil.o 13-May-20 3:43am View

Because it is your assignment, you have to put a minimal work into it.
You should begin by drawing a diagram of required steps to satisfy the requirements. Once done, translate these steps into a C program.
You will only learn how to copy/paste if we do your assignment for you. For now, your question rather looks like a "please do my homework" type of question. On the other hand, if you put some minimal effort into your work, and come up with a concrete question about some code you wrote, we will be glad to help.
phil.o 10-May-20 14:33pm View

Please see my comment to your question. I would not be helping you, in the long term, by doing your assignments for you.
phil.o 10-May-20 14:32pm View

Answering your now deleted comment, I showed you one of many ways to accomplish your requirement. As a developper, producing this kind of pseudo-code is the very first thing that you should be able to do. You showed no attempt at all on your side, stating that you don't know how to go about it. I just put you on the road, providing a direction. Now, it is up to you to follow it and provide some work of your own. The important thing here is not the final result, but rather the steps you have to follow to get to it. Put in other terms, in a learning process, the journey is way more important than the destination itself.
phil.o 10-May-20 14:24pm View

Deleted
Answering your now deleted comment, I just explained you one of many ways to do it. Aq a
phil.o 10-May-20 12:16pm View

Have you followed the advise of the first answer from the link I provided?
phil.o 10-May-20 9:41am View

Well, I was asking this because I was going to propose a regular expression for it... What is the point not willing to answer a simple question like this?
phil.o 10-May-20 8:04am View

Another quick question: what are the enclosing characters? Are they double quotes, as stated in your question, or are they parentheses, as stated in your comment.
phil.o 10-May-20 7:16am View

Repost of Please help how to do this. Please don't do that; not only it won't help you getting better/quicker answers, but it will also more likely annoy people. Please read the FAQ to know what are the rules of this forum.
phil.o 10-May-20 7:11am View

It is unclear what your goal is. Are you talking about CP articles? For what reason would you want to modify them?
phil.o 9-May-20 5:19am View

And you still did not provide the exact error message.
phil.o 9-May-20 4:41am View

What is the x y line? Are you talking about axis?
phil.o 9-May-20 3:39am View

I'm not sure if it's related to method overloading
No, it's not.

It justs asks you to create the class and give it four instance variables.
There is absolutely no difficulty in this, so, please, just try.
phil.o 8-May-20 7:10am View

5'd :)
phil.o 8-May-20 5:57am View

Thanks Richard, I corrected the placement of the return statement. Thanks also for the precisions about the Enumerable.Range behaviour.
phil.o 7-May-20 10:48am View

It dates back a long time ago, I remember I had to combine my queries into a single one while using a DataAdapter because Fill method did not append data like I thought it would. But it seems problem must have been elsewhere. My bad.
phil.o 7-May-20 10:28am View

You are right. I modified my solution to enumerate the nodes in doc2 and append them to doc1.
phil.o 7-May-20 7:38am View

Thanks for summarizing this thread :)
phil.o 7-May-20 7:27am View

Thanks :)
phil.o 7-May-20 5:50am View

You put these values as properties of the class you define.
I think you are confusing a multidimensional array with a tuple.
phil.o 7-May-20 5:33am View

You create a class holding all values you need. Then you create a single-dimension array of this class.
public class Whatever
{
   // Properties
}

Whatever[] theArray = new Whatever[ARRAYSIZE];
// or (easier)
var list = new List<Whatever>();
phil.o 7-May-20 5:00am View

It is unclear what you want to store in your six-dimensions array. What is the requirement behind it, because I have the feeling that you are not using the right tool here.
phil.o 7-May-20 4:58am View

This won't compile :) The array has six dimensions.
phil.o 6-May-20 10:45am View

Some part of the code appears to be missing from your sample (in the getStudentV1() function. Could you correct that please? And there is a double-quote missing at the end of the string in the printf() function in it.
phil.o 6-May-20 10:20am View

Please use the green "Improve question" widget and qualify the "What I have tried" section with the code causing the problem.
phil.o 6-May-20 7:31am View

5'd
phil.o 6-May-20 4:50am View

You're welcome. Please mark the question as answered if that is the case, so that it leaves the unanswered questions queue.
phil.o 6-May-20 4:39am View

Thanks :)
phil.o 6-May-20 4:38am View

Thanks :)
phil.o 6-May-20 4:06am View

5'd
phil.o 5-May-20 20:22pm View

Please, don't shout :)
phil.o 5-May-20 18:49pm View

Thanks for your vote.
I learnt basic in the early eighties from the language guide of my computer, a Texas Intruments TI99-4A. This guide was only describing formal grammar and syntax, with a few examples, but was nowhere near an exhaustive recipe about any requirement that a human being could even think of. I bought specialized press to get more detailed examples of what can be done and how.
The older guy you are talking about may suffer from the "It was way better before" syndrom.
I don't get what you mean by "these videos", "with strings". Which videos? What strings?
I would also add that the language is not the only thing to study: generic algorithmic, data structures, diagrams, are also quite important to learn, and they are not bound to any specific language.
phil.o 5-May-20 16:42pm View

You're welcome. Please mark your question as answered if it's the case.
And please, do not put links in your questions like you did; you could be flagged as spammer over this. I redacted the link to avoid that.
phil.o 5-May-20 13:33pm View

Thanks Patrice :)
phil.o 5-May-20 13:33pm View

Thanks Carlo :)
phil.o 5-May-20 12:39pm View

The error suggests that it is in an ASP.NET project, so this has nothing to do with Unity. Moreover, this has been asked and marked as answered more than four years ago.